Thursday, May 28, 2015

H o u s t o n B o u n d

Greetings from the Lone Star State! After hours of painstaking agony yesterday while my girlfriend and I questioned whether we should travel to Houston or not, due to all the horrendous flooding, we finally reached a verdict. Go! Some may call it stupidity, others may call it bravery, but I prefer calling it living life on the edge. Or maybe that's what I'd like to believe. 


We jetted off late last night after a nightmare day consisting of stress, phone calls with the airlines, Chicago traffic, and near peeing my pants experiences. Lesson one on this trip, don't drink a 24oz Diet Coke while stuck in Chicago traffic. Those two do not mix well. Lesson two, Bloody Mary's make flights much more bearable. How am I only discovering this now?

Yet we have made it. As of now we are alive and staying with a friend who resides here. Since our arrival there haven't been any rain or storms but the forecast calls for some each day.  I am crossing my fingers, eyes, and toes for sunny weather. Right now the sun's shinning and we are headed to the pool in a bit. Tonight we plan to visit an old WI dance friend, do a spin class at LifeTime City Centre (which looks amazing!!!), followed by dinner and lots of catching up with friends. 

As far as the damage goes, we haven't seen any in person yet, but I feel for those people who have been affected or lost their lives. In some ways I feel a bit guilty vacationing here but at the same time there is not much I can do except keep my thoughts around those families affected by all this flooding and I suppose make the most of what I have.



No comments:

Post a Comment