Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Give Thanks- July's Challenge

Whelp here we are, swinging into July, which happens to be one of my favorite months (and houses one of my favorite holidays). I can't believe we are already talking another monthly challenge. And as you know with a new month comes new goals!


I did my best with June's challenge on disconnecting from technology. I eliminated the Facebook app from my phone and made it a point to not be on my phone while hanging out with other people. I'll admit there was a time or two where I found myself texting someone back or browsing the web but thankfully I have a few really great friends who gave me a gentle reminder of my goal. Being aware of my phone use allowed me to enjoy my time with people much more, and I'm going to keep Facebook off my phone until I get the itch. For now I'm satisfied with being unplugged.

Moving onward to this month I am super excited to begin this challenge. A month of gratitude! I've tried gratitude journals in the past and found it made such a difference in my perspective and attitude. I always ask why I don't do them more often, but no more asking this month as my intention is to start each day writing down at least 3 things I am grateful for. In the past I wrote my list at night, which was fine, but I want to shake things up and see if focusing on positives and what I'm thankful for in the morning will set the tone for the day. We will find out!

If you want to join in with me and add some gratitude you can simply use a notebook, computer, or an app to track. I found one here on itunes if you're interested. I'm a bit old school so a traditional notebook works well for me. Whatever feels best for you is what I would encourage you to try. Then find a time in the day to write at least three things you appreciate and are grateful.

 “When life is sweet say thank you and celebrate, when life is bitter say thank you and grow.”

SO are you up for the challenge? Have any other goals for this month? 31 days of keeping a gratitude journal. Let me know if you're in!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I applaud your effort to live without technology for the month. My family did the same thing in the late 70s and went without television for about a year. Of course, we didn't have mobile phones then. Chuckle.

    ReplyDelete