Friday, July 10, 2015

Have a fresh weekend + links around the web


Who's happy about Friday? This girl! And I'm assuming you're riding in the same train as me, so hello + Happy Friday to you! This was a short week for me since I had Monday off work and my days are still a little hazy as a result. Nonetheless it feels good falling into another weekend. I kicked it off with a few coworkers and a little gigantic margarita. Last night peeps, not this morning! I didn't realize how huge they were before ordering, but I wasn't complaining either. The lizard made it all worth while. Wouldn't lizard be more frun to write AND read with two Zs? LIZZARD!!! I thought so too.


Speaking of a fresh weekend (see title of post) I never mentioned my fresh hair cutting extravaganza. About two weeks ago I threw up the peace sign to a nice 5 inches of hair. Too short to donate and I discovered this post pony tail chop, albeit a new hairdo feels amazing. And take heed. Sometimes you need to be spontaneous and just shake things up. And that's exactly what I did.

Okay, so apparently I haven't taken many pictures of me since I chopped it but hopefully you can kind of see where it lands.
  
Have any plans this weekend? Some of our great friends are getting married in Milwaukee and we will be in tow. We have all the traditional pre and post celebrations. So with the rehearsal dinner tonight, wedding day tomorrow, followed by a friends brunch in Tosa on Sunday, I think our weekend is set. It should be a fun filled time, and I'm hoping for good weather since Summer has proved to be quite a doozy. 50s one day and 70s the next. I'm crossing my fingers, eyes, and toes for some consistent 80s! Woo!

Here's some of the girls at our friend's Bachelorette party from a few weeks ago. Happy wedding weekend Lexi & Andy!

Here are some links I loved this week:

A friend sent me a video of the most amazing guided meditation


Start gathering your wishlist for Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale!

A sad but important reminder for the power of words on a child's self-esteem

What do you think of the bucket bag trend? I think I'm warming up. 

Cricket flour the new craze! Would you use it?

Looking behind the business

A repeat of the black or gold dress debate. Only with nail polish this time.

Thank goodness there are benefits for this


In case you missed this AWESOME recipe I'm putting it on repeat

And I read a line earlier this week that has stuck with me... 

"The health of your mind tomorrow depends on your thoughts today"

This has been my mantra when I need a good reminder to be in the present moment and not be dwelling in any worries. I had to share in case it's something that resonates with you. 

What are you up to this weekend? Have any mantras that help keep you grounded? Do you have those spontaneous moments where you change up your look? Whatever your weekend gives, I hope it brings plenty of pleasant moments and fresh feelings. Ha ha, whatever fresh feelings may be. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I missed some post-work cocktails. Boo! Hope you had fun and I would say you earned that mega-margarita :-). Have a great time this weekend with all your fun festivities!

    ReplyDelete