Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Inside my beach bag

We are finally in the thick of summer and I'm left over here wondering where July went. It's about time Wisconsin have some consistent hot temps! Last night we returned from our excursion up north. It was a wonderful time with family, boating, and lots of water volleyball, just to name a few. I probably lived in my swimsuit about 90% of the time. It was amazing! 

Being on the water is my favorite place in the summer. Intertwined with adventure and relaxation, the water is the perfect place to rejuvenate and enjoy a flavor of summer like no other. Every time I head out to a beach or cruising on a boat, I always bring my beach essentials. What I bring varies from time to time, but it usually falls within the same category of items. Skin care, sunnies, and some good reads. So let's take a look at what's recently made the cut, shall we.

Let's start with summer reading. Usually I indulge in a nice hardy book, but this weekend I was all about the magazines. Sometimes its nice to simply kick back and not have to invest in what you're reading. Rather you can skim the pages, find articles you like, blow over ones not as appealing, and discover new fun products or tips. After taking an online survey for Nine West this winter I won a subscription to six magazine companies and I tried out Oprah's O magazine. I enjoy the variety in the mag and like how it has a decent mix of recipes, fashion, and interviews. Magazines that have almost all advertisements aren't my thing. But bringing it back to the point, making sure you have something to read while on the beach is a must.

As you see above I have my mug of coffee. This does not mean I am throwing an open mug of coffee in my bag. I just happened to be a few yards from the pier this weekend, where I could enjoy my morning cup of joe in the sun. However, what I will say is its so nice to have a delicious beverage out on the water. Sometimes I opt for ice water and other times I'm more invested with indulging in an ice cold brew or Americano from Starbucks, but I always make sure to include some basic H2O. I scooped up this polar water bottle and it keeps my water nice and insulated. Plus I stay hydrated throughout a day in the sun.



As far as skincare goes, lately I am loving Australian Gold's spray gel sunscreen, which you can get from your local drugstore. It has a built in bronzer, so when you apply it on your skin you just spray, spread, and it gives your skin an instant kiss of sun without all the harmful rays. Also, the coconut aroma is enough to make you scream summer.
Covering your face from the sun is crucial when avoiding pre-aged wrinkles and sun spots. This fedora is the perfect way to get the job done AND look cute while doing it. 
Speaking of your face, how about keeping your eyes from being blinded by the light with these Kate Spade sunnies. And those lips silky smooth + protecting them from the sun with this Coola lip balm. It's organic, hypoallergenic, and carries an SPF of 15. Did I mention it smells like peppermint and vanilla? Sold! I am a sucker for good lip balms and it's hard to find a good one that also includes SPF. I always make sure to have something that will give my lips some TLC while I'm out on the water. Those babies need attention too!

What are your beach bag essentials? What's your favorite part of Summer? Have a favorite beverage at the beach? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment