Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Channeling your inner ugliness

Holy cow. I blinked my eyes and boom. It's Wednesday. Honestly, this week I haven't felt quite myself. I do good with a little r-word called routine. Like an episode of the Twilight Zone, this week has seemed anything but routine (with the exception of work because let's be real, I need to keep a job). Weekend was go, go, go. My sleep has been nuts and if there is one thing you could guess about me by now it is this girl luvs her sleep. One my top three favorite activities. Mmhmm. So I apologize as its been a few sunsets since I've posted but here are am. I've made it. 

Can you believe Christmas is next week?
I swear it was only last week I was talking about turkey and cranberry wine and here we are on the brink of a new holiday. Boy did this sneak up on me! Over the weekend we hosted our annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party/Showdown. A longstanding tradition we have held for the last 4 years (at least I believe its been 4 years). Full of yummy treats, heinous Christmas attire, and borderline too many adult beverages, this year goes down in the books as one of my favorites. Can't really pinpoint why. Maybe I was a little more relaxed this year versus being worried about making sure everyone was having a good time. Or maybe it was simply being surrounded by some really great people and the amount of bodies confined in one space wasn't too overwhelming which kept me more at ease. Regardless of the reason, it was another success. And for that, I am thankful.
 Something with the glasses this year. They had to make an appearance. Perhaps it was my alter ego. Like Beyonce's Sasha Fierce. Although I'm not looking pretty fierce. More the exact opposite, in fact.





 Tried to get a food table picture... probably should have gotten a shot before everyone dove in.


 We host a contest for the ugliest sweater. Winners for the 2014 male and female categories. 

 Can I just point out this awesome sweater (and winner) "hanging with my gnomies." Ha! Also little prizes for the two.


 Did you look close? Look closer. Wearing a Bears sweatshirt at an ugly sweater party= winning!!!

 Sad. We only got one picture together the whole night. Ah well, things could be worse. 

I love having the chance to watch others and myself channel our ugliness and not give two hoots about it.  This year I went more for comfort, and come on, you can't go wrong with an ugly sweater VEST!


Have any holiday parties coming up? Any fun party traditions? If you've never hosted an ugly sweater party before I highly suggest it.  Free free to stop in and visit for lots more holiday posts in the coming week. Peace out gnomies! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment