Friday, June 12, 2015

Have a relaxing weekend + links around the web



 Both of us at my brother-n-laws wedding last weekend and me looking fried after an afternoon in the sun.

Hi pretties! Happy Friday! We are headed up north for the weekend. In fact, I am typing this post as we drive. I guess it kills two birds with one stone and gives a little something to pass the time; however, I can barely contain my excitement for some boating, pier sitting, bon fires, and long country bike rides.


Kyle’s Grandma has a lake house. Every summer we try to make it out at least a few times and this weekend is our first one in 2015. Going up north is hands down one of my favorite places to visit and it carries many fond memories, including the location of our engagement. I’m hoping the weather will cooperate as warmer temps and sunny rays are predicted in the forecast for the days ahead. Currently we are being struck with heavy rain and thick fog but I will remain hopeful. 

What are your plans for the weekend? This time last year I was preparing to run my very first half marathon, so I’m feeling a bit sentimental thinking about the anticipation, nerves, and excitement that time in my life brought. Running my first half marathon was such a huge personal victory and an experience where I challenged myself in new ways, both mentally and physically. One experience I will surely not forget. 

Here’s a little Friday Flashback from my first race running the Rock-n-Sole.

Although I'm sad not running it this year I am reminding myself of the half's to come this Fall, and I'm riding my first 60-miler bike race in August. So, I still have a lot more personal challenges to pursue. What’s something you pushed yourself to try? How did it feel to accomplish it? What keeps your motivation going?

AND in true Friday fashion, here’s your links around the web

 How sweet are these jewelry pieces? Perfect gift a friend, kid, or partner!









Have a marvelous weekend!

4 comments:

  1. You can see the joy and pride in your face from the race last year! Such an amazing thing and you rocked it!
    Enjoy the R&R this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! As you know it's an amazing experience! So happy we can do this together! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi lovely,

    I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. You can check out the details here:
    http://www.emilytrinh.com/liebster-award/

    Thanks,
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily! Thank you for the nomination! I will be sure to check it out and get back to you. Thanks for reading and have a good week!

      Delete