Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

Smoothies are all the rage in this house. Not only are they a vehicle of good nutrition but they also satisfy those sweet tooth cravings. I swear we have them at least a few times a week. They're also great for post work out pick me ups and usually in that case I add a scoop of protein powder. Smoothies sometimes get a bad rep for being tedious when in fact they are very simple and fast. Today I'm sharing my favorite fruit pureed beverage, Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothies.


Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie
Difficult level: Preschool Easy

What you'll need:
1 banana peeled
1 heaping Tbsp. peanut butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tbsp. honey
6-8 ice cubes
3/4 cup milk
*Protein Powder-Optional

*Also, if you're worried about your fruit getting too ripe you can freeze your bananas and pop them in a smoothie whenever you're ready to use them. Just peel and freeze them in a ziplock bag.

Steps:
Place all the ingredients in the blender and pulse until smooth. 

Enjoy! 

What's your favorite meal to break the fast? Lately I've been getting in my smoothie craze or oatmeal with a banana. With avocados on sale I've also found myself back to loving this breakfast here.

No comments:

Post a Comment